At Pilot Fish we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This notice explains when and why we collect personal information from our clients, how we use it, circumstances under which we may need to share it with others and how we keep it secure.
Please contact us at 2 Manning Road, Bourne, Lincolnshire PE10 9HW or phone 01778 309777 if you have any questions about this privacy notice or would like to exercise any of the rights mentioned within it.
Who are we?
Pilot Fish is the trading name of Pilot Fish Broker Ltd a company registered in England and Wales 09560950 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registration Number FRN697442
The registered address is 2 Manning Road, Bourne, Lincolnshire PE10 9HW.
Why do we collect your data? The legal basis
The legal basis which relates to our use and other processing of your personal information may include (as applicable):
Processing that is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps at your request prior to the entering of a contract. This includes administering and managing the relationship or role you undertake in relationship to our business and updating our records
Processing that is necessary for the performance of our own legitimate interests provided these are not overridden by your own interests and fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Management and audit of our business operations, including accounting
- For direct marketing communications which we may send to you about our products and services
Processing that is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation such as
- To process your request for personal information or when you seek to exercise your rights in relation to data protection law
- For compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- For establishment and defence of legal rights
- For activities in relation to the detection and prevention of crime
- To verify your identity
We will use your email address to send you invitations to events, a newsletter, or product information which we think would be relevant to you. We will not share your information for the purposes of marketing with any other organisation.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please either phone 01778 309777 or email email@example.com
Accuracy of information
It is important that you provide us with accurate and complete information. Any lending or investment decisions will be based on the information provided by you. The provision of incomplete or inaccurate data may result in a lending or investment offer being retracted, and fees payable to the client, lender, investor or to Pilot Fish.
If any of your personal information changes, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our lending partners or investors may require us to check your details with fraud prevention agencies and if you give us false or inaccurate information and they suspect fraud, they will record this.
Types of personal information about you that we process
The personal information we process may include some or all of the following:
- Your name, address, telephone numbers, email address and date of birth;
- Your bank account details, debit card numbers and transaction and credit information; and
- Information about your communications with us, for example emails and telephone conversations.
Sharing your personal information
In processing this information to secure you the requested loan, mortgage, lease, investment or other facility we will need to share this information with selected lender partners or investors. In considering an application, our lender partners or investors may search records at credit reference agencies. If so, this will add to those records the details of the search made and this may be seen by other organisations that carry out such searches.
An association between joint applicants or between you and any named partner/spouse will be created at the credit reference agency. This will link your financial records, each of which will be taken into account in all future applications by either or both of you. If an association already exists then your application will be assessed with reference to these associated records. This situation will continue until one of you successfully files a disassociation at the credit reference agency.
Our company operates cloud-based systems. Your personal information may be transferred outside the UK and the European Economic Area. Whilst some countries already have adequate protections for personal information under applicable laws, in other countries steps will be necessary to ensure appropriate safeguards apply to maintain the same levels of protection as are needed under data protection laws in the UK.
Our external IT Support Provider may have access to sensitive information stored on our servers. They have access to our server, equipment and data exclusively for IT Support needs.
We need to keep your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. This includes retaining it in order to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
You have the right to obtain the following:
- confirmation of whether, and where, we are processing your personal data;
- information about the purposes of the processing;
- information about the categories of data being processed;
- information about the categories of recipients with whom the data may be shared;
- information about the period for which the data will be stored (or the criteria used to determine that period);
- information about the existence of the rights to erasure, to rectification, to restriction of processing and to object to processing;
- information about the existence of the right to complain to the ICO. www.ico.org.uk
- where the data were not collected from the you, information as to the source of the data;
- we do not carry out any automated decision making, but this may be used by lenders that we refer your case to; and
- you may request a copy of the personal data being processed
Withdrawal of consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing your data at any time. To do this contact us at 2 Manning Road, Bourne PE10 9HW
Source of your data
The data we hold may come from a variety of sources:
- Directly from you;
- Publicly accessible sources. For example, Companies House or your website;
- A referral;
- Third party. We occasionally use a third party to obtain data for marketing purposes. In this case we ensure they are a reputable company and are a member of the DMA. If you would like to know where we sourced your data, please contact us;
- Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
The decision-making process
Lending decisions are made at the discretion of the lender or investor according to their processes. This is outside the control of Pilot Fish.